Looking for a property to rent?
Due to new legislation from the 1st June 2019, applying for a rental property has changed. Please see below details for all tenants considering renting a property. Please below our guides:
- Application Procedure (opens new window)
- How we use your information (opens new window)
- Holding Deposit Agreement (opens new window)
Prior to your Tenancy commencing, we will require:
- RENT IN ADVANCE . Rent is payable in advance for each tenancy. You will therefore need to pay, as a minimum, the first months’ rent prior to the commencement of your tenancy, although the amount payable may differ dependent on the terms of your acceptance for the tenancy and the agreement made between the involved parties.
- TENANCY DEPOSIT This is the equivalent of 5 weeks’ rent (if the annual rent is less than £50,000) or 6 weeks’ rent (if the annual rent is £50,000 or more), payable prior to the commencement of your tenancy (LESS HOLDING DEPOSIT PAID).
Costs that may be incurred during your Tenancy:
- Late rental payment: Interest on late payment of rent will be charged at a rate of 3% per annum over The Bank of England’s base lending rate. This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days late.
- Lost keys or other security devices: In the event that any keys or other security devices are lost and need to be replaced, you will be required to pay the costs of replacing them. If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, you will be required to pay the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys.
- Changes to the parties of the tenancy agreement at the tenant’s request (Tenancy Name swap): In the event that you wish to make changes to the parties of the tenancy agreement, a new tenancy agreement will be required. A fee of £50 (inc. VAT) plus any reasonable costs incurred if higher, will be payable by the tenant. Please note that Tenancy changes are strictly subject to the landlords consent and reference approval (reference requirements for new tenant will apply).
- Tenants request to vary contract: In the event that you wish to make any changes to the terms of the tenancy agreement, an additional addendum to reflect the changes agreeed will be required. A variation of contract fee of £50 (inc. VAT) will be payable by the tenant. Please note that a variation of contract is strictly subject to the landlords consent.
- Early Termination of Contract at the tenant’s request: In the event that you wish to leave your contract early, you will be required to pay the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent, council tax and utilities due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. The costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy. Please note that any early termination of an assured shorthold tenancy will be strictly subject to the landlords agreement and consent.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR TENANTS:
JH Sales and Lettings are members of UKALA meaning that we work to UKALA guidlines.
JH Sales and Lettings Client Money Protection: Total Loss Client Money Protection is provided by UKALA - membership No: 188356
Independent Redress: JH Sales and Lettings are member of The Property Ombudsman (TPO) scheme and subscribes to the TPO Code of Practice for Residential Lettings Agents.